Self-storage may be the process of letting one a space for storage of certain items for short-term duration may be from months to months. However, one may opt for the longer duration lease. Spaces may be provided in rooms, boxes, containers, lockers, and outdoor spaces.
Some important things to know about their storage services
- Insurance for the goods at storage places –
- Self storage companies do not provide any form of insurance to tenants’ goods,, unlike warehouse, and neither are they held responsible for theft or any damage caused to their goods.
- Some storage facility Singapore companies may ask for some proof of whether the items for storage are insured or not.
- Insurance may be done for the contingencies like fire, theft or robbery, flood, pest infestation or rodents, etc.
- Contracts for self-storage – Contracts for the self-storage may include the following –
- The agreed amount of rental fee
- Various options available for the payment and its schedule for the payment
- Termination procedures
- Requirements for insurance, if any
- Instructions for access towards goods.
- Special additional services – Some of the extra services provided are –
- They may provide the facility of trucks and add a truck rental to your cost.
- Labors hired for support
- Equipment rental
- Selling packaging materials, locks, and other materials
In Asian city Singapore, self-storage is provided with fantastic security services like an alarm system on access, 24 hours CCTV watch, pest control system and electric fencing etc. There are also different options available for insurance.