Online poetry communities, in their simplest sense, are websites you connect to share poems and also to meet other poets who also share an interest in poetry. However, finding an exceptional bookmarking site, devoted to its poets, is not quite that simple.
- Poem types: It vary according to length, line, stanza, construction, Rhyme, meter, and rhythm, are numerous, but perhaps the most ubiquitous one comprises no construction or plot at all-that of free-verse.
Bottom Line: Find a Website that only charges you ONE commission to use every feature on the website.
- Site Features: Search for a site that has tons of features, not just a few lame areas of reading and posting poetry
Bottom Line: Find a poetry site that offers just as much bang for your buck as possible.
- Communication System: An online poetry community should be a community. An internal email system and an active Bulletin Board a place where poets share ideas is essential.
Bottom Line: Find a website which has a couple of ways poets can convey.
- Recognition Programs: Many poetry Websites Be a fancy bulletin board for posting poetry. A good bookmarking website promotes friendly competition, and a means that you measure your progress. Being able to rise up the ranks, gain recognition from the fellow poets is not only enjoyable, but rewarding.
Bottom Line: Find a Website that promotes several recognition programs and poet rankings.
- Website Layout: A poetry site should be clean, inviting, friendly, and easy to navigate. Many sites are simply the reverse: laden with advertisements, thousands of words, and links that bring you anywhere but where you need to be.
Bottom Line: Find a Website that is clean, fairly devoid of advertisements, strong Linking and ease of business.
- Poetry Database: Many online poetry communities lack meaningful poetry research tools. A site that gives its poets with as many links to sources as possible, is just one has your best interests in mind. And visit this myrelist.com for further information.
Bottom Line: Find a website that can help you learn poetry forms, movements, history, and poets.
- Awards: Poor websites have no award system, or a bad awards system. Quality websites invest in their associates.
Bottom Line: Find a Website that is dedicated to giving back to its own community in the shape of quality, timely awards. This is to say that the poet might not always be aware about the conscious level what attempts to escape and solidify itself throughout the station of writing before the first stroke of his pen jars the doorway. Like clay into a sculptor, words let it take shape for the poet.